Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pizazz & Wulung and Hauls Pics

Morning Y'all! 
This week I had to do a mani that was cute and quick for a birthday dinner for my SIL Saturday, and a car club meeting Sunday.  It took me FOREVER (like 2 days) to decide what colors/styles/techniques to use.  I ended on China Glaze Pizazz and Goldie Wulung.  
 
This is one coat Wulung, and one coat Pizazz. On my left hand the glitter came out a little more dense but this stuff is crazy glitter packed even in one coat!  on my accent nail I did a stripe with it, & I pretty much just laid the brush down and that's what I got. I don't think it would be hard to build this color to opacity.

Natural Light,  Shade

  
Natural Light, Sun

 Close Ups, Shade on Left, Sun on Right



I also made my first visit to an Ulta store this weekend!  I picked up OPI Stay the Night (one of the Liquid Sand shades from the Mariah Carey collection), Orly Rock It, & Zoya Aurora.


OPI Stay the Night
Every review I saw of these polishes seemed to favor the Blue and Purple Liquid Sand shades, then the Red/Pink, then Stay the Night.  However, from the moment I saw the collection, THIS is the one I wanted.  I think it looks like lava :)  This is two coats, and you can see how well those pinkish glitters pop.  The bottom half of the nail swatch shows 2 coats of my normal top coat.  Also, I know a lot of people are concerned about the roughness but I tested it on my hair, face, clothing (including materials that grab at rough skin) and it didn't grab anything, its just not smooth. I think it felt like a matted glitterbomb.


Orly Rock It
This is one I didn't plan on but saw it on the clearance rack and fell in love. Its a pinkish red with a golden shimmer. It reminds me of a material used in Indian clothing and decor. Zoya Daul also reminds me of Indian clothing and decor.


Zoya Aurora
This is one I think everyone has, and I've been wanting for a while.   I finally got around to getting it and I can't believe I waited so long! This is a gorgeous purple holo, and I think its a shade that will work year round.


Here's nail wheel swatches of all three...
 Stay the Night, Rock It, Aurora

  Stay the Night, Rock It, Aurora

 Stay the Night, Rock It, Aurora
No Flash to show texture


I also won a bottle of Silly Bee's Chickadees Mystery Mix Volume 1!
She describes this as " Here’s the deal: I keep a jug in my polish “lab” and pour in it any misfit polish mixes that just didn’t come out quite right. Once the jug is full, I bottle it and start all over again" You can also find her on Facebook :)



I also just received 2 Jindie Nails polishes


This is Burrrberry, it's a milky white base with several sizes of glitters in "berry colors" such as blue, magenta, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry (wine colored) glitters


This is Be Someone Cute, its a slightly pink tinted base, with neon pink, white and black matte glitters and hot pink micro flakies.
You can also find Jindie Nails on Facebook

**I have updated my Nail Wheels page, the tab is at the top! **


*** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!