Thursday, January 17, 2013

Across the Universe


I got my first high end polish recently, Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe.  I'm not one to spend $18 on one polish so of course there's a good reason i bought this. I had a coupon for DL $10 off on HSN.com, they shipped for free, and i had a 5.95 shipping refund credit sitting in my PayPal account so i ended up paying a little over $2 for it :) You cannot beat a deal like that! It applies great, opaque in 3 thin coats but i prefer to use a black or navy undie with it.

Once I got it i thought it looked a lot like Revlon Radiant so i compared the 2 in this post :)

This is one coat wet and wild Fastdry Ebony Hates Chris, one coat DL Across the Universe and one coat Revlon radiant.

(DL on pinky and middle, Radiant on ring and index)

(Radiant on left, DL on right)

This is one coat wet and wild Fastdry Ebony Hates Chris, two coats DL Across the Universe and two coats Revlon radiant.
(DL on pinky and middle, Radiant on ring and index)

(Radiant on left, DL on right)

Both polishes are very similar in that they both have bright blue micro glitter and medium green, silver and light blue small hexes. The main difference is Across the Universe has a sheer navy base and more hexes, and Radiant has a clear base and has much more micro glitter.



I like Radiant as a polish on its own, and Across the Universe as a layering polish.  If i didn't get Across the Universe for so cheap i would have just stuck with the cheaper, close-enough dupe, Radiant.


  *** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!