Friday, January 11, 2013

Matte Flakes- Zoya Opal

Happy friday everyone :)
This week I have a matte flakie mani for you!  I love flakie polishes but somehow this is the only one I own.  I was actually having a hard time picking a polish so I grabbed 3 nail wheels and let my son choose a wheel and then a polish (he's 11 months and mostly wanted to eat them, so this was purely luck of the draw lol).  Without further ado...

this shows the green side of Opal

Two coats Ulta Little Black Dress, two coats Zoya Opal, one coat Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat (to prevent chips and extend wear) and one coat NYC Matte Me Crazy Topcoat.

this shows the blue side of Opal

LBD is a black polish with silver shimmer, its subtle though, I use it most times I need a black polish.  Opal is a green to blue flakie polish.  Micro to medium sized flakes, suspended in a very slightly green tinted base.  (For me,) The flakes seem to shift green in lowlight, and blue in direct light.  This is one of those polishes I can stare at all day, which is exactly what I needed because my christmas present (my new engagement ring!) from my husband came in this week and I cant stop staring at that either!


close up, please excuse the flakes all over my finger, you can't see them IRL or I would have cleaned them, haha! on the right is my beautiful new ring!


  *** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!