Sunday, March 10, 2013

O.P.I My Private Jet


This is the infamous MPJ, although it's the new version.  The old version was more of a charcoal color and a linear holo, this is more brown with a scattered holo although it looks black in most indoor lighting, and there is also a blue flash version; all with the same name!  Regardless of the holo, I love this color.  The TraceFace Philes has a great comparison on the different formulas of this color.

If you follow my blog you may remember I posted about my all time lemming (here).  I got my nails done in my normal salon 3.5 years ago and still remember this gorgeous color, but  I wasn't into polish as much as now so I never knew the name.  All I have of it are a few pictures from that time that you can barely see my nails in.  I thought I had found the color in Finger Paints Sketch-y until I got it on, photographed it and found more old pictures of my nails and realized it was no where close. Ladies; I fully believe MPJ is that color. Check  out the comparison pictures below, bottom left is probably the best picture.  I'm positive this is it!


My 3.5 year old lemming mani






This is 2 coats MPJ, it dries a little satin but clear coat glossed it right up.  Accent nail is one coat MPJ, China Glaze For Audrey, & Orly Nite Owl.  Clear coat is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Next time I think I will try a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some extra holo sparkle, I wanted a simpler look today. This is what I call a fishtail chevron because a chevron is generally straight not curved but a fishtail is also referred to as this, which I'm calling a fishtail braid. Here is a tutorial from Chalkboard Nails for this design :)

*** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and thanks for looking***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!