Wednesday, November 14, 2012

World Diabetes Day Mani


Today mani is for diabetes awareness because November is Diabetes Awareness Month and today, November 14th is World Diabetes Day.

 This hits home for me because my little brother has Type 1 diabetes. He was diagnosed around 15 years old and it has been a major struggle for him and our family. He had to learn a whole new life and i remember many late night scares with low blood sugars when he was still getting in the hang of thing. I really hope over the course of my lifetime that diabetes research gets enough awareness and funding that some advances can be made in preventing diabetes all together.



I chose the blue circles because that is the universal logo for diabetes. I chose the fishtail braid accent nail because my brother is an avid fisherman. I chose to add the sparkly glitter because when he was little he would look at something glittery and say its so spaaaarkly with these big blue eyes.


This mani is two coats China Glaze White on White, one coat Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamonds glitter, light blue is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away, dark blue is Revlon First Class. Top coat is Sally Hansen Insta-dri.




I hope y'all enjoy this mani and take a moment to check out the International Diabetes Federation's page for World Diabetes Day!
http://www.idf.org/worlddiabetesday






 *** Y'all please take a minute to check out my jewelry page :)
Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and Thanks for looking :)
http://steelandsashes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!