Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 3 of October manis- candy corn mani


Ive been looking forward to this mani all month :) no base coat, two coats of yellow Ulta sun-sational, orange stripe is Ulta Sun of a gun, and white stripe is China glaze white on white, top coat is sally hansen instadry clearly quick.

unfortunately i forgot my base coat until i had one coat of color on already. Im lazy and had a 8.5 month old who is teething so no base coat for this one and ill just deal with the staining later. (the yellow stained in the three minutes of me testing the color)

sun-sational yellow was horribly streak and full of brush strokes even with 2 coats. Its also brighter than what i wanted but the polish is not to fault for that. Sun of a gun orange was fine, nothing bad to say but nothing amazing either. The China glaze white on white is amazing. It covered yellow, orange and black when i was testing colors. And that was with a quick one coat.

All in all this worked out well, except that my freehand stripes aren't nearly as pretty on my left hand and When i added my clear coat the Sun of a gun bled on a few nails. Im not sure why, nails were completely dry as i did my clear coat nearly 24 hours later..

 Next week will be frankenstein :)

Oh and to update on that peel off layer? It did not work with mod podge. I plan to try again but i don't have high hopes this time.




 *** Y'all please take a minute to check out my jewelry page :)
Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and Thanks for looking :)
http://steelandsashes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!