Friday, May 10, 2013

Digital Nails Hipster in a Blender

Today I have a really great neon glitter for y'all :) Tonight I am doing a Glow in the Dark Midnight 5k Run/Walk for Relay for Life, so I wanted something neon & bright!

 Sunlight




I chose Digital Nails Hipster in a Blender, over China Glaze Def Defying.  I was going to do a white base to make the neon pop but I wanted a nice solid green base instead.  This polish is great in every way, the formula was wonderful (no fishing, not even the larger hexes!), it was packed with glitter but not thick, and the color is awesome!

 Shade

This polish is, as descibed by Raphaelle at Digital Nails, " a super sheer chartreuse jelly with green, pink and yellow neon glitters, supplemented with black fiber glitter & hexagons".  I did a mixture of brushing and dabbing and it turned out great!  This is one coat Def Defying and two coats Hipster, topped with a coat of Gelous & one coat SH Insta-Dri.  The Gelous left little bubbles everywhere , sorry about that!

*I hope to have my husband dig out a black light to take a picture with tonight, will update asap*



 Left: Sunlight, Right: Shade




*** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and thanks for looking***

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I find Def Defying gets those bubbles no matter which top/base coat I use. It's a shame because I love the color!

    Hipster rocks - another score in the "WIN" column for Digital Nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hon! now that you mention it, i think this might be the first time ive used def defying as a base and not just nail art so that could definitely be the culprit!

      Delete

Let me know what you think!