Wednesday, February 27, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand- Stay The Night

So sorry it took so long to get this post up, both my son and I have been sick the past week so not much has gotten done :( I did this mani friday morning 2/22 and am posting it 2/27 so I had to touch up a bit. Anyways, here it is...

I have been incredibly uninspired this week.  So after being up ALL night trying to come up with a design/color combination, I gave up and went with a swatch.  Here is OPI Stay the Night, a liquid sand polish.  For anyone who doesn't already know , a liquid sand/texture/concrete etc polish is one that feels like a fine grade sandpaper of a gritty glitterbomb.  It doesn't pick clothes or scratch you, it's just not glossy.  You can also add topcoat but be prepared to add 2-4 coats depending on the brand.  This is two coats STN, accent nail also has two coats Gelous and one coat Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat. 

Stay the Night, Natural Light

Stay the Night, Natural Light, 6 days of wear
keep in mind this is my left, non swatching hand
and also i broke my index finger and glued it back in the dark, hence the crack


The formula was a bit thin but good, and was much more pleasing than I expected.  The roughness was definitely different but I really enjoyed it.  This polish did seem to wear quicker than a glossy polish though.  After 6 days of wear, I noticed some of the pink glitters had turned silver (which still looked good), there was some tip wear (mostly my index & middle fingers) and one TINY chip from the tip wear on my right index.  Not bad in my book for 6 days of decently rough wear (not being gentle with nails, handling a 1 year old, cleaning house, showering, opening packages etc.) with no topcoat :)


coming up i have my prize package from Spellbound Nails that I won, my Sweetheart VoxBox, and as always my weekly nails :)



 *** Y'all please take a minute to also check out my jewelry page, the tab is at the top of the page, Contact me if you'd like to purchase one, and thanks for looking***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!