Saturday, October 26, 2013

Feather Nails- Halloween Costume Mani

Hi Y'all!  Today I have feather manis to show you, and this is the first time I've ever done these (literally, I practiced once on one nail first and that's it lol).  I got the idea from this post at Syl and Sam.  This post will include mine and my friends manis, mine turquoise and her's red.  We are both dressing as Native American Indians for Halloween and these are to go with our costumes.

Outdoor, Sunlight 

More pictures after the jump!

 

For both I did basecoat, 2 coats of color, a coat of clear polish, a feather and a 2 coats of topcoat.  For the feather part I did a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Clear polish over my base color, then laid a feather on the wet polish, and pushed/smooshed it lightly into the nail.  Then i used scissors to trim the majority of the feather off, and angled nail clippers to trim it smoother, added 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat and voila!


Here is my friend's mani, done with The Color Workshop Red.

Feather Fingers!
 
 Indoor, Flash

Close-Up, Indoor, Flash

Here is my mani, done with O.P.I. Fly.

 Swatch of OPI Fly

 Feather Fingers!

Outdoor, Shade, Natural Light

 Outdoor, Shade, Flash

 Close-Ups, Sun on left, shade with flash on right
I had TONS of bubbles because I put my clear on thick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!